Photo by GaudiLab on Shutterstock
For most brands and businesses, email marketing remains one of the top tactics for engaging target audiences. Modern email marketing offers a reliable, consistent, and inexpensive means to target your audience with somewhat personalized messages. However, with everyone using email marketing, it has become commoditized. You’re stuck in a competition for attention span — your audience is getting blasted by your competitors and their competitors.
However, email marketing is still not dead. If you remain critical and you start thinking more creatively about how you’re going to get those people to see your messages — open it, engage with it, and take the necessary action, they will eventually want to open the next one! Using interactive video content in your email marketing still continues to be proven as an effective tactic to get things done. A lot of reports actually validate that emails with video content as the primary CTA generates higher click-through rates on average, as well as using the word “video” in the subject can boost open rates. So, to help you out, here are a few tips to make your email campaigns stand out with a video:
1. Don’t obliterate people’s inboxes with large videos. Keep it short, as well as compress the files for faster loading times.
2. Test your videos before you send it out. Double-check everything — the formatting, mobile display, and links, just to make sure that your emails and videos look like the way you envision them.
3. As mentioned above, use the word “video” in the subject line to entice people to open the email.
4. For authenticity, make a customer testimonial social video!
5. Don’t ever forget your call to action. What is the goal of your email? Keep it clear, and immediate, as well as actionable.
6. Embedding social videos can be a little tricky sometimes, but Magisto will help you make it easy!
7. Don’t ever use “click here!”, “Please watch this video to learn more!” or other sales phrases that turn people off.
Overall, once you start trying these out, make sure to track your results and continue to do what works!