By Fer Gregory
What is World Theater Day?
The theater is considered to be the most famous form of entertainment by Greeks. You will see a more lively show when you watch a theater play. World Theatre Day was created by the International Theatre Institute (ITI) in 1961 and celebrated every March 27 since then. National and international theatres prepare events to celebrate the special day.
Many people including theatre lovers, theatre professionals, theatre schools and universities are celebrating World Theatre Day. Yearly one person from the theatre industry will share his or her message and reflections on theatre. This heartfelt message is called International Message and translated into 50 different languages. Jean Cocteau wrote the first World Theatre Day Message in 1962.
How to Celebrate World Theater Day?
You can join the ITI community in celebrating this special day. Read and hear the International Message and share it on your social media account with hashtag #worldtheaterday. You can visit the nearest theatre and give donations to affiliated organizations. You can purchase tickets to show support in their activities. If you are looking for a new hobby, try a theatre program and learn acting, music, and dancing. Encourage your friends to join in the theater program and have fun learning art.
Facts About Theatre
1. The 27 O’Clock Players in New Jersey, USA created the longest dramatic performance that lasted for 23 hr and 33 mins on July 27, 2010.
2. The theatrical wardrobes of Walt Disney World, Florida has 1.2 million costumes.
3. The Persians by Aeschylus is known as the oldest play in the world and written in 472 BC.
4. You can find the greatest number of theaters and the number of seats in New York City.
5. The oldest professional theatre is located in Iowa and known as the Old Creamery. It started 30 years after the Old Log Theatre Company.
About the Video Template
World Theatre Day - Make this Heyvideo your own and customize it however you want. Users can choose from over 1000 templates that they can use for their daily social media videos, seasonal campaigns, and video ads that are fit for different industries. Get new fand daily video ideas from Heyvideo’s video calendar. Anytime and anywhere, you can create professional videos that can boost your digital campaigns to get results. World Theatre Day and similar videos can jump-start your business with Heyvideo’s high-quality footages and ready-made templates.